Sustainability Dining Initiavites
At many of our locations, we proudly serve ground beef, chicken, salmon, and seafood that are 100% fresh and delicious! Try a juicy hand-formed burger at T-Dubs and C-Street Grill, or tasty salmon at Quimby’s Rotisserie, or indulge yourself with tender chicken at 91.3 Wokery, C-Street Grill, or Green Farm Salads - all fresh and never frozen! By offering fresh foods, we aim to provide delicious and healthy meals for every person dining at TCNJ. On top of that, all eggs served are certified cage-free.
With TCNJ Dining Services, you will find that all of our desserts at Bliss Bakery, T-Dubs, The Education and The Library Café are baked in-house by our talented chefs. We offer freshly baked bread every day at 31 North Deli and at SubConnection. We also prepare and bake our own whole wheat dough daily reducing the need for deliveries, gasoline usage and carbon emissions.
All resident students who purchase a Carte Blanche or A la Carte meal plan will receive a free refillable mug designed by a TCNJ student. These mugs not only look great, they encourage the reduction of paper waste and are the only approved beverage vessel allowed in the Library!
TCNJ Dining Services offers students discounts on refills of fountain beverages, poured coffee and espresso based drinks at any dining location on campus.
The Better Tomorrow Plan
The Better Tomorrow Plan is Sodexo’s global promise and roadmap for sustainability over the next 10 years. It is made up of 18 commitments under four core priorities:
- A Responsible Employer
- The Environment
- Local Communities
- Nutrition, Health & Wellness
The College of New Jersey Dining Services hosts a Helping Hands Across America Food Drive to give back to our community and benefit the Mercer Street Friends Food Bank in Trenton, NJ. We work with organizations on campus to host a campus-wide challenge to collect non-perishable food. Since 2010, we have been overwhelmed with the generosity of our student community as well as our faculty and staff.
Health & Wellness
- We have worked with our vendors to reduce the number of deliveries to campus and require a minimum order ensuring trucks are nearly full. This reduces pollution to our environment, while saving time and money.
- TCNJ Dining Services supports our local farmers in the tri-state area: PA, NJ, and NY. Offering locally grown produce is a part of our commitment to provide clients with fresh and great-tasting food while supporting communities where we do business.
- We also support the tri-state community by purchasing baked goods from local vendors.
- We partnered with Ecolab to use only green chemicals in all of our dining facilities.