In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans for the 2016-2017 academic year. If you have any questions regarding our meal plans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to purchase a meal plan, or have questions about the meal plan selection process, simply contact Residential Education & Housing at 609.771.2301. Please see the TCNJ site for more information on Meal Plan Selection Changes.
Carte Blanche Plans
Who is eligible: All TCNJ students (residents and commuters)
Carte Blanche meal plans are by far the most popular among students living on campus. They offer students flexibility & variety at a great value. Carte Blanche meal plans contain three main components:
- Access to The Atrium at Eickhoff - CB meal plans give you unlimited access to The Atrium at Eickhoff either all day, or from 11:00am to close, depending on the plan you choose. Stop in as many times as you want for a full meal, or just for a snack.
- Carte Blanche points - CB points give you flexibility around campus, as these can be used at any one of our eight retail locations (click here to go to our Locations page). These can also be used to pay for a visiting friend or family member to enter The Atrium at Eickhoff. 1 point = $1. Points carry over from Fall to Spring, however, any remaining points are forfeited at the end of the Spring semester.
- Meal Equivalency - For added flexibility and variety, Meal Equivalency allows a Carte Blanche meal plan holder to forgo unlimited swipes into The Atrium at Eickhoff during the Meal Equivalency period for $7.76 worth of food at The Lions Den, The Library Cafe, Education Cafe and KinetiCart. If a purchase goes over the Meal Equivalency amount, the balance can be covered by Carte Blanche points, GetIt points, cash or credit card. Using Meal Equivalency at these designated locations will prohibit you from entering The Atrium at Eickhoff during Meal Equivalency period (11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.). Only one bottled beverage is allowed per Meal Equivalency swipe.
Refer to the chart below for details on our Carte Blanche plans:
*Meal Equivalency does affect the unlimited feature of the Carte Blanche meal plans as detailed above. A meal plan holder can retain unlimited swipes to the Atrium at Eickhoff if a Meal Equivalency swipe is not used.
How to Purchase:
On Campus Students: Meal plans are selected through the housing selection process. Please do not use the link below to choose a plan.
Commuter Students: Please visit http://housing.pages.tcnj.edu for more details on how CB plans work for commuters and to sign up for a CB plan.
A la Carte Plans
Who is eligible: Upperclass students residing in TCNJ Housing
A la Carte meal plans provide dining points for students to use at any dining location on campus. Point amounts and prices stated below are per semester, you receive 1 point per $1. Points carry over from Fall to Spring, however any remaining points are forfeited at the end of the Spring semester. First and second year students living on campus are not permitted to select an A la Carte meal plan.
* This plan is only available to residents of Phelps & Hausdoerffer Apartments.
** This plan is only available to residents residing in our College Houses.
Who is eligible: All off-campus students, faculty & staff
Block Plans provide off-campus students, faculty and staff the option to purchase a 'block' of either 25 or 50 meals at The Atrium at Eickhoff. Meals may be used for the meal plan holder, or for guests. Block Plans can be purchased directly from Dining Services in our office in Eickhoff Hall 192, found through the C-Store, and may be purchased at any time throughout the year. Click here to download our Block Plan order form.
Purchased meals carry over from Fall to Spring, but any remaining meals are forfeited at the end of the Spring semester. Please visit our Main Office in Eickhoff 192 (located through the CStore) to purchase a Block Plan.
1855 Block Plans
If you have any questions about meal plan assignments, please contact Residential Education & Housing at 609.771.2301.
Lost or Stolen Meal Cards
Lost or stolen meal cards can be replaced. Should this happen to you, please contact the online card office, Office of Student Accounts, or Campus Police.
Do you have particular dietary needs? Please let us know. Our campus dining services program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact Puneet Sethi, RD, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 609-771-3426.
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
- Remember that meal cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.